Friday, June 24, 2011

Here I am again

The time with my online is in the past, and it is been almost a year now. I feel a bit guilty of for not writing and reflecting. I blame my laziness for this and the lack of time to relax and think over the experiences in the classroom.

The academic year is over, and I guess I got something from it.
Many things have happened in June 2011, and all almost in 2-3 weeks period.
In our country there was held a conference devoted to teaching, where participanst shared their expertise with the couterparts and colleagues.

Amazing how it can build a huge network of EFL/ESL teachers all around one country and even at an international level.
Why June was also remarkable for me, is the fact that I  got the second place in the " BEST TEACHER OF THE YEAR" award. This kind of recognition made me feel better about my profession and marked in a way the level I achieved for the past few years of practice.

Teaching is not an easy , and constant profdessional development is needed to stay in "shape".

This summer, I am going to participate in the short course on ESP in Internationa Summer Institute.
For one year, after this I am leaving a teaching career, but no doubt this will leave a trace on my  whole approach to everything I do, to the study experience I am going to udertake. For the following year, I will be a student, and this will give me another perspective on my own teaching and see how I can integrate my own experience and knowledge into the way I learn from other teachers.

Time to  go and watch my facourite series of "HOUSE".

bye bye

Liliya Kim,
eternal teacher







2 comments:

  1. Dear Liliya,
    That's fantastic news! Congratulations on your award. You certainly deserve it. Keep up the good work.
    Arjana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Liliya,

    I just want to congratulate you on the second place in the "BEST TEACHER OF THE YEAR" award. Really, you deserve more than this. I never forget the experiences that I gained from and with you in our online course.

    I wish you the best of luck in your summer training!

    Yours,
    Azhar
    Egypt

    ReplyDelete