Friday, July 30, 2010

Week 6: Interactive Power Point

Summing up my coursemates thoughts, I can say that one of the things to make students engaded is Interactive Power Point Presentation. After reading the instruction to the task and some of the articles on creating such presentation, I was very willing to create something similar to what was described.

I used Power Point Presentation only few times and they were not made by me. Like was said about simple presentations wihout interactive elements, the ones I used were delivered simply to present the content and that is it.

This week I knew that there are many ways to make it creaitve, engaging and interactive for my students.

The following elements will make any Power Point Presentation interactive and more motivating.
  1. Quick ConcepTest - the technique aimed at checking concepts (definitions, notions, vocabulary) 
  2. Blank slide- the technique used to attract attention
  3. Hyperlinks- to add special content and navigate to another document
  4. Quick Write- the technique used to check students comrehension
Generally this information was rather useful as such tools can be used not only to accopmany PPT, but on a regular bacis during the lesson.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Liliya,
    I am proud of you now when you can create your first interactive Power Point Presentation.
    There is no way back and you will actively use them in your future teaching. Try to engage your students with making their PPT. You'll see their sparkling eyes.
    Yours,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Liliya,

    Like you, I also have had a very little experience with PPT presentations, and although I made them myself, they were simply as electronic handouts, in text format, to help me with my presentations.

    This week's assignments were really a discovery for me about the possibilities of creating Interactive PPT.

    I agree with Victoria when she advices you to make your students create their own PPT presentations. We usually have this practice on workshops and conferences, and I should admit that sometimes students do present even better PPT shows than we, teachers. It's because they are 'tech-smart', if I can call it so.

    All the best
    Bella

    ReplyDelete